Shrimps Dying

Shrimps DyingJust sharing my findings and views。 So i just setup my planted tank and being a self proclaimed seasoned fish hobbyist。。 i dosed my tank with Aquamed clean and clear to of clear the water。 A day later i placed a bag of Fire Red Shrimps and one by one died。。 belly up legs kicking。。 i couldnt understand what the problem was。 So i cleared the dead ones and bough 5 cheap shrimps。 1。20 each。 They still die shortly after being introduced in the tank。 I still couldnt understand what the problem was until i did some research that any water clearing products should be avoided for shrimps。
Whats your take? Is the addition of the water clearing product the cause? I have since stopped the dosing of the product and will wait for about 2 weeks before i try to add anymore shrimps

==comments==
Originally Posted by ipit Just sharing my findings and views。 So i just setup my planted tank and being a self proclaimed seasoned fish hobbyist。。 i dosed my tank with Aquamed clean and clear to of clear the water。 A day later i placed a bag of Fire Red Shrimps and one by one died。。 belly up legs kicking。。 i couldnt understand what the problem was。 So i cleared the dead ones and bough 5 cheap shrimps。 1。20 each。 They still die shortly after being introduced in the tank。 I still couldnt understand what the problem was until i did some research that any water clearing products should be avoided for shrimps。
Whats your take? Is the addition of the water clearing product the cause? I have since stopped the dosing of the product and will wait for about 2 weeks before i try to add anymore shrimps Did you even measure your water parameters? Since you said that you just setup your planted tank, it is obvious that it is not cycled!
>Medias were from my aro tank so cycling was eliminated。 I have other lifestock in the tank as well。
6 ottos
3 siamese alage eater
5 tetras
>Originally Posted by ipit Medias were from my aro tank so cycling was eliminated。 I have other lifestock in the tank as well。
6 ottos
3 siamese alage eater
5 tetras So you assumed that the water was fine? Always better to be safe than sorry。 Fishes have a higher tolerance level,stingray vs shark that is why theyre still alive。 I urge you to at least dose some beneficial bacteria and wait for a week or two since you mentioned that the media were from your aro tank before adding in shrimps。 Any pics of your setup? Oh btw, any test kits at home?
>Yup i do have basic test kits mainly for my aro tanks which has been collecting dust hahaha。
Im dosing Seachem stability for now, 3rd day of the 7 days recomendation。
Ya will err on the safer side and just be patient
>A newly setup planted tank? If new soil is used for the setup den i guess it could be the high ammonia level released from the soil。 Even used media are unable to convert the ammonia that fast。 An ammonia test kit will be helpful here。
Shrimps are highly sensitive to water conditions as compared to fishes liked what Bro Washywashy said。 Cycling the tank is absolutely necessary。 Some shrimp keepers even cycle their tanks for a few months before introducing the shrimps to the tank。
Just my opinion
>Originally Posted by beanysoh A newly setup planted tank? If new soil is used for the setup den i guess it could be the high ammonia level released from the soil。 Even used media are unable to convert the ammonia that fast。 An ammonia test kit will be helpful here。
Shrimps are highly sensitive to water conditions as compared to fishes liked what Bro Washywashy said。 Cycling the tank is absolutely necessary。 Some shrimp keepers even cycle their tanks for a few months before introducing the shrimps to the tank。

Shrimps Dying Aquaculture Forum Just my opinion Learn something new everyday
>Haha yup。 Sometimes need to fall a few times first before can sprint efficiently。 In this case trying to break the world record and fisnish first from the last hahahaha
>bro。 cycle the tank first it takes me 3mths to get the perfect prems for my crs bro。
relax。。 baby steps bro
>Noted bro will pelan pelan kayoh hahaha
>Likes! (1)
Rizzwan Page 1 of 4 123 。。。 Last Jump to page。

BOOK

  1. AROWANA
    Shrimps Dying
    2019-10-28 16:02:29 Contents
    Sell blood to raise arowana friend said small rainbow feed red insect --

SET Comments

◎Comments can't be replied quickly! For business, please call:+6012-7875568 and WeChat:xlyc001

TAGS:stingray vs

Related recommendations

NO Have Related recommendations